terri kirchner's fabriKations

Monday, August 06, 2007

Updating..it has been a while!

This has been a hectic summer for family events and keeping up with projects! The kids are involved in sports with my husband as the coach..many nights and weekends are spent on folding chairs at the ballpark. My parents just celebrated their 50th wedding Anniversary in style...a large party for friends and family including my 4 siblings, their spouses and children (16)...Lots of party planning, cleaning and catching up on everyone this past weekend.

Though I have not posted, does not mean I haven't been busy. I am finishing up two of the three quilts for the First Stage production of the Quiltmaker's Gift this Fall. First Stage is a very talented Children's Theater Production here in Milwaukee.

I finished Tom's (my nephew) first birthday quilt. I will post pix soon. I made a One Block Wonder Kaleidoscope quilt for him using frog fabric..turned out wonderfully!

I am in the finishing touches of the Creative SHARP quilt for their auction in October. Friends are coming this week to finish the piecing. I created one of my pixel quilts using the state flower of WI as a model (wood violet) stay tuned for those pix, too.

I am working on the quilting designs for the WI Quilt Museum Quilt. It is a true beauty of a quilt top at this point. A huge Mariner's Compass with lots of room for donor names on the back. I will begin quilting that at the end of August. It is to be hung at the International Quilt Festival in Houston this Fall.

My beaded brooches are now on sale at the Morning Glory Gallery. The Annual Art Fair on the Marcus Center grounds is this weekend..stop into the Gallery on Saturday Aug 11 from 10 -2..I will be behind the display cases working the gallery!

Lastly, I conitinue to work part time as an Audiologist, teach four to five nights at month at Fabric Fusion and will be traveling with BBD Creations in September to Jacksonville and then on to Houston in October. I am trying to get the next few patterns and samples done for them.

As you can see when it gets busy here, it gets really busy. This Fall promises to slow down a bit! Keep posted for new pix and details!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home