terri kirchner's fabriKations

Monday, May 21, 2007

New Pixel quilt..It's a Winner!

I am very fond of "pixelating" images. This is my newest quilt called "Raspberries" It was a challenge entry at the local quilt shop: Fabric Fusions, Brown Deer, WI. It won Viewers Choice! The two challenge fabrics were the light purple pearl fabric and the purple and greenish brown border fabric. There are 30 different fabrics used in this color blending quilt. The larger squares are 2 inches and the small checker board areas are made up of half inch squares! I pulled a palette of greens and purples by scanning the fabrics into my Paint program. As I was pulling the palette I thought..boy, this looks like a black raspberry.. thus, the title of the work! The quilt is quilted as stitch in the ditch in the light corner (to give the illusion of a seeded raspberry) and there are vines and raspberry leaves in the green areas, for the border, I followed the stipple-ish areas! The quilt measures approximately 27 x 32 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home